Please read the eligibility and stipulations carefully. They are the rules that guide SASY’s 2019 grant-making program.
SASY Neighborhood Improvement Grants are awarded annually to projects that make the SASY Neighborhood a better place for residents, businesses, and visitors.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals and groups proposing projects in the SASY Neighborhood. (residents of the SASY neighborhood will receive preferential consideration.
- 501(c)3 organizations proposing projects in the Schenk-Atwood-Starkweather-Yahara Neighborhood in Madison, WI (organizations that are headquartered in SASY will receive preferential consideration).
What types of projects are eligible?
Projects and programs that enhance the experience of the SASY neighborhood for residents, visitors, and businesses operating in SASY are eligible for funding. That case must be made in the application.
Projects that have been funded in past cycles include public art, education programs, public music events, place-making projects, and public service programs. Grants will not be awarded for general operating expenses, endowments, religious or political programs, or lobbying efforts. Successful proposals will clearly show realistic planning and budgeting.
How much money is available?
Grant funding varies each year, and is based on the proceeds from AtwoodFest, SASY’s summer neighborhood celebration and music festival. Applicants may apply for any amount up to $2000. We typically fund 5-8 proposals each year.
What Are the Stipulations?
Here are the rules we follow for making grants to neighborhood projects:
- The deadline for submission of this form is February 2, 2020, at 11:59pm.
- Applicants must attend the SASY Board meeting on February 13, 2020 to present their proposal and/or answer questions.
- Grants will be awarded at the March 12, 2020 meeting of the SASY Board of Directors. Our board meetings are open to the public, and applicants are welcome to attend. Applicants will be notified of grant awards shortly thereafter.
- Grant funding must be used within one year of the date it is awarded. Grantees may request extra time to use funding if there are unforeseen circumstances. Extensions must be approved by the SASY Board of Directors.
- Grants will not be awarded for endowments, staff positions, or other operating expenses
- Grant funds will be disbursed for activities or materials described in the grant proposal. Grant funds may not be redirected to other projects, or to other components of the awarded project.
- Grantees will be asked to incorporate the SASY Neighborhood Grant logo into any marketing and recognition content created to promote the project either online or in print.
- Grantees will be asked to share photos of the funded program with SASY for promotion of the neighborhood and the grant program.
- Grantees may be asked to report back on grant-funded projects either in-person at a meeting of the SASY board of directors, or in writing.
What to expect next…
The deadline for submitting this application is February 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- You’re welcome to submit photos or other documents in support this application, please send them to SASYneighborhood@gmail.com
- If you have questions about the grant program or about your submission, contact us.
- If we need more details about your proposal or budget we’ll contact you at the email address you provide.
- Applicants will be asked to attend a meeting of the SASY Board of Directors on February 13, 2019 to present their proposal and answer questions about their applications.
- Grants will be awarded at the March 12, 2020 meeting of the SASY board of Directors. Grant recipients will be notified of their award in March 2020.