- Betty Chewning
- John Steines
- Lou Host-Jablonski
- John Martens
- Sarah White,
- Brad Hinkfuss
Click below to view a slide presentation of a concept for the Garver building as ruin garden plus museum, cafe, gift shop, etc.. The ad-hoc Garver committee spoke to the Parks Commission in a public hearing on 9 Nov 2011.
“Brick 101” Session: What Makes a Brick Happy?
Thursday, February 7 2013, 6:30p.m at Olbrich Botanical Gardens
The public is invited to attend a community meeting to understand the Garver Feed Mill’s late 19th century/early 20th century masonry construction and the study methods being employed by Facility Engineering, Inc. to evaluate the condition of the bricks and the efforts required to stabilize the Mill.
The topics to be addressed include the history of masonry, the characteristics of the specific brick used to construct Garver Feed Mill, the materials used for brick-making and repair, and the difference between historic and contemporary bricks and masonry. In addition, types of distress and proper and improper brick repairs will be explained. The meeting will end with a review of the methods the consultants are going through to gather information about Garver Feed Mill’s condition.
Discussion to be lead by Charles Quagliana, a local preservation architect with more than 30 years of experience, and whose firm has a contract with the City of Madison to evaluate the Feed Mill.
Information can also be found on the project’s web site: http://www.cityofmadison.com/engineering/GarverFeedMill.cfm
- Letter to the City of Madison Plan Commission Re: Garver Building RFP
- Garver Committe Member John Steines’ Letter to the Plan Commission
- SASYNA Response to Garver Committee RFP
- A Likely Reprieve for Garver Feed Mill (Isthmus, July 5, 2012)
- 28 Sep 2011 Garver Feed Mill Status Report, City of Madison
- 2007 April Garver Feed Mill Re-Use and Rehabilitation – City of Madison Request for Proposals
- 2005 April Historic Structures Report, City of Madison, by HPZS Architects/Engineers
- 2004 May Redevelopment of the Garver Feed Mill: Site Analysis and Conceptual Plans – by University of Wisconsin URPL:601 class
- 2000 Olbrich Gardens Master Plan document
The Neighborhood Works
- Parker Jones – North Plat presentation ~ PDF verison of the video above…
- Zane Williams photographs – Garver Feed Mill spaces
- Starkweather Creek Watershed: Curren Conditions and Improvement Strategies in an Urban Context
- 2006 Dec Visualizing the Issues: The Garver Building and the North Plat
- Neighborhood Visioning Workshop, Sue Thering, PhD, UW-Madison