- Matt Miller, Chair
- Bill White
- John Steines
- Catherine Stephens
The Hudson Park Ad Hoc Committee seeks to resolve (long-standing) issues regarding safe access to Lake Monona at Hudson Beach, vegetation management, erosion control with the neighborhood and the City of Madison Parks Division (City Parks).
- Work with City Parks and City Engineering to design and install safe access (with railing) to Hudson Beach.
- Work with City Parks and City Forestry to design and implement vegetation management and erosion control in Hudson Park.
- Other items as approved by the SASY Council.
- Meet with City Parks as necessary in order to ensure neighborhood input into decisions regarding Hudson Park.
- Perform on-site investigation of shoreline to determine present vegetation status of each portion of shore.
- Develop management scenarios that can be applied to individual areas.
- Educate homeowners regarding vegetation management methods in Park areas next to, or across from, their properties.
Terms of the Hudson Park Ad Hoc Committee:
Sunset: July 12, 2012, renewed as necessary.
Hudson Park by the numbers:
- 4.17 acres in area
- 2,407 feet of shoreline
- 3 effigy mounds
- silt loam soils
- slopes up to 85 percent (38 degrees)
- 40 homeowners adjacent
- 2,150 feet on Lakeland Avenue
Notes and Archives:
- Hudson Trees – Sheet 1
- Hudson Trees – Assessment
- Hudson Tree Map
- Hudson Park Committee
- Hudson Beach Report June
- Hudson Beach Feb
- Hudson Park Committee Report 10 2011
- 1999 Friends of Hudson Park
- Safe Access to Lake Monona at Hudson Beach Proposal
- Proposal Hudson
- Reduced Mow Options